I had expected to release version 3.0.0 at the end of February. Testing took a bit longer than planned but it did reveal quite a few bugs, some which caused Saturn to crash, those bugs have now been squashed and version 3.0.0 has been released.
For version 3.0.0 there is a new splash window and two new icons:
The main changes are:
- Multi-precision support except for orbit plotted fractals.
- Revised user interface.
- Julia versions of fractal types have been merged with their Mandelbrot algorithm versions.
- All complex parameter variables can be substituted with the location in the complex plane, where none of the parameters is set to the location in the complex plane the Julia algorithm is used.
- The number of functions available to function parameters has been increased.
- The number of complex functions available to complex function parameters has also been increased, in addition complex functions can be treated as a pair of functions.
- Transforms are now defined as complex functions.
- The number of transform sets available has been increased from 2 to 26.
A few bugs in earlier versions were found some of which relate to version 3.0.0 for example a seed file save from version 2.0.x and 2.1.x may not produce the expected image, I’ll post about the problem and how to correct the image soon.
The User Manual has not yet been updated for version 3.0.0, it should be available mid March 2013.